Emergency!! Needs trans parts, Runoffs at risk!!

little bill

Looking for a few parts.
Broke the input shaft on my Quaife Sierra dog box

Looking for a 8 1/4 inch long input shaft 19 tooth 3 dog part #
92 22E9Z260 19T INPUT GR 8.25” SHAFT 3 DOG

The sister gear for the input gear part #
22E2Z1125 26 TOOTH LAYSHAFT INPUT GEAR

The bearing for the input shaft
22111 BEARING INPUT SHAFT SIERRA 77 MM 39.00

I have new parts ordered from Taylor Racing but there always seems to some issue. They told me they would have a tracking number for my order on Friday, here it is Tuesday and still no tracking number. They don't have any of the parts in stock, all have to come from across the pond :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
Bill Hingston

I told you Bill you should have called Quaife directly. You would have saved hundreds of dollars and known if the parts were actually available. And you would have received them by now if they were.

Noted, but that does not help me at this current point in time. Will be calling Quaife in the morning. Frustrated at this point, but closing the barn door after the horse got out does not help at this moment. :roll: The silver lining is I would have broke at the Runoffs, If I can't get it fixed at least I get my entry fee back.

What about an alternate box instead? i.e. complete replacement with a Mazdacomp box or another Quaife?

I can't help with actually sourcing one, just curious if that's an option for your pocketbook... might be easier to buy/borrow a complete trans than getting parts for the one you've got.

Bill, sorry if that seemed like a poke in the eye. I thought that I gave you a spare long input shaft that was a different ratio. I do not know what you currently have in it. The one that was in the car when you got it was an oddball alternate that I just had happened to find on EbayUK. Do you still have the other?

i have a tailshaft housing on order from taylor as well. May be in with your shipment. went through 3 of them before we realized a broken u joint was causing the vibration issue.. Also bent the mainshaft but jesse prather had one to cover me. May want to give him a call as he may have some parts lying around.

Michael

no worries Chris, wasn't taken that way at all :D

Michael, Jesse is well aware of my predicament, he has been working overtime trying to keep me positive. As Chris said, I have an oddball input pair, tough to find, I plan on calling Quaife UK direct early in the morning.

I'd hope that finding a Miata gearbox today would be like finding a Spridget 'box 15 years ago!

Are there other forums (STL/STU etc) that could yield a suitable box for the week?

PM Sent.

Good luck,
Rob

Just got off the phone with Quaife UK. They reviewed the order thru Taylor racing and assured me that my parts left the UK towards America yesterday(Tuesday). Taylor should get them Friday, I should have them no later than this coming Tuesday!!

The guys at Taylor are nice but it seems that communication with them can be difficult at times, since they have such a small window time wise to speak directly with Quaife.

Thanks for all the offers of help!!

Back