Divisional path?

Mike, you can qualify 2 ways. Going the "Majors" path, or go the "Divisional" path. The Divisional path uses regional events that are labeled as RQ. Check your local regions schedule to see which events are labeled as RQ.

Protech Racing":2q3wd5be said:
Right , what is a runoffs qualifier if not a Majors race?

Mike,
Don't over think this....it's the same path that has been available for the last few years. Each division (not conference) has it's own rules about who can qualify based on points, finishes, etc. I wanna say you're in SEDiv, right? So reach out to Jim Creighton and he'll have your divisional details (or know where to find them).

Dayle

Found about 4 " RQ" out west.
So if I win the division @ Regionals, with no RQ, that does not count for crap .
Sweet.
Still hope for 3X points for Majors, 1X regionals.

In SEDiv, the series is shown as SECS. All racing regions have at least one SECS event scheduled.

In SEDiv, you can count two Majors events as two of the four required events. A total of four event weekends and four race finishes are required.

SEDiv also collects a tow fund and paid $5500 last year to drivers going to the Runoffs.

JIm, can you add the "RQ" designation to those that are? you will gain entries for sure.
They should show up as "RQ" on the main SCCA website. IMHO

RQ is listed on some of the western Regionals on the main SCCA schedule , no RQ are listed east of the big river that I can find. None show up in the CFR site . etc.

Thanks,MM

Jim,

im glad to see that SE picked up the ball and is doing a tow fund for their local drivers. i wish more divisions would follow your lead.

Jim, looks like the sedivracing.org site still has the 2015 rules for the divisional path which I assume are different than 2016 since they were specific to SE Div being the host region. The SECS schedule is still for 2015 also. The 2016 schedule that is posted does list SECS events but it was nice having a separate SECS schedule last year.

The final approval did not happen until last Sunday at the Division meeting. With a complete revamp of the SARRC series, a cold and transverse to Sebring for this weekends 273 car entry regional & the opening race of the new V8RRS, I haven't got to the new posting for SECS, Everything stays the same except we only get three per class except SM & SRF/SRF3 which get 5.

Schedule is up under Division schedule page with first race at CMSP in late March.

Back