Brian Frank

Bruce Frank

It is with a deep sadness that I announce the passing of Brian Frank, my brother, my mentor, my hero and my friend. Brian was a true Production racer at heart. He raced Ford Fiesta’s starting in Improved Touring then progressing to Production. He loved taking a 40-year-old car that was designed to only go 70 mph, downhill, with a tail wind, go a lot faster. He could have chosen a much easier car to run but he just had a love for the Fiesta. He didn’t have the benefit of many bolt-on, go-fast parts or a lot of technology, but it didn’t stop him from racing them or continuously trying to find more speed. He never had a lot of resources, but he built cars that were quick, sound, clean and reliable. He was a very good driver who got the most out of his car without abusing it. He won several regional races and championships and participated in the Runoffs twice. Brian may not have a lot of big-time achievements to show for his efforts, but I consider him a true winner because he got to do what he loved in a car that he treasured.

I owe Brian a debt of immeasurable gratitude. I would not be in racing without his support, advice and encouragement. He had a wealth of knowledge and taught me a lot about building and driving a car and prevented me from making a lot of mistakes. We plan on continuing to run Brian’s Fiestas to keep his dream alive and hope to have them back on the track soon.

Attachments

• Brian-driver's suit.jpg
    Brian-driver's suit.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1,558
  • Brian Frank 85 Fiesta.pdf
    145.9 KB · Views: 34
Sorry, I tried my best to also post a picture of his Fiesta but I ran out of brains.

Attachments

• Brian Frank 85 Fiesta.pdf
    145.9 KB · Views: 104
Back