AIM Solo with GPS?

Brian Linn

Anybody using the AIM Solo? http://aimsports.com/products/solo/ Any reviews would be helpful.

It was part of the contingency stuff from the Runoffs. I already have an older Traqmate that works fine for what I've been doing. This past year in the Hussey Honda they used an AIM dash. I didn't see much of the data - they just told me where I was screwing up.

So I'm trying to figure out what system to use in 2016.

I have a solo. Much easier to use and setup then the old traqmate. I've also noticed a lot of people running to solo which could help if anyone was ever willing to share data.

If you choose not to go with the AIM solo Brian, I'd be interested in getting it from you. I have 3 friends and my dad who use it and they really like the post-race analyzing tools. Not a lot of feedback for using it for real-time data while in the cockpit, but for afterwards, it's nice to pair the data with video to see where you can pick up some precious tenths.

Have had one for 2 years now and wish I got one sooner. I use mine mostly for qualifying. Money well spent.

I see you guys talking about the AIM Solo setup.

I've got a battery powered Solo but not the DL model which gets connected directly the car's ECU.

I've been wondering if a $700 upgrade to the DL model is worth it given the limited feedback capability of my Electramotive 3R ignition system.

Positives I see with the DL is that you never have to worry about turning it on, or low battery .Also, you have the video/data overlay system you can set up with a Smartycam , which is an additional $1,000.

Anybody have any comments or experience with what I'm talking about. Please keep in mind that I am challenged by all this tech stuff so please limit your responses to plain language.

Santa is asking if I want one for Christmas so I'm trying to make an informed decision.
Thanks
Tom B.

Back