948 race engine

kentprather

Wanted good used 948 race engine for a vintage customer of mine in Phoeniz. There should some of you out there that converted to a LP 1275 and have a good used 948 in the corner of your shop. It needs to go vintage racing. My customer doesn't want a grenade engine. I explained to him that the 9000 rpm is what makes one of these a grenade and don't do that. So dig around and let me know what's out there. Thanks Kent Prather

Kent... I've got a 14.1 948 in pieces ready to put together. Everything new or recondition. Billet crank, trued and balanced, recondition Carillos, new pop up balanced pistons, built block, .040 over bore, reinforced mains, "vintage" cam and lifters, Comptune head with new Rim Flow valves, 1.5 roller rockers, Bob Weber "expanded" pan. Got $11K in it will take $7K. Note... don't have a good valve cover for it. Have steel Tilton 7" clutch and discs with Tilton aluminum flywheel that I'll toss in with it. PM me if interested.

Bob

Kent,

You should contact Don Feller. He had at least 1 and maybe 2 Bauchman 948's that were strong. Call me for a number. Jay

Kent,
I have a 100% stock 948 that is complete as pulled from a Spridget that I'll sell for $200

Peter Morton

Back